Powerfoil®X2.0 features a patented system of airfoils and winglets, setting the world standard for airflow. This aerodynamic design features the patented, purpose-built NitroSeal Drive gearbox for maximum durability and cool operation. Nitrogen-filled and hermetically sealed to create the ideal internal environment, the gearbox used for Powerfoil X2.0 keeps contaminants out for zero maintenance. Backed by a thorough, nonprorated 15-year warranty, Powerfoil X2.0 is built for the toughest industrial environments.
NitroSeal Drive System
- Purpose-built for maximum durability and cool operation
- Features 11 arc minutes backlash HeliCamber gear technology, SKF tapered roller bearings, a 2 1/2-inch (6.3cm) hollow output shaft, Simrit double-lipped output seals and lifetime synthetic oil
- Nitrogen filled and hermetically sealed to prevent contaminants for zero maintenance
C-Face Motor Adapter
- C-face motor attachment enables technicians to detach the motor for easy field service
- Designed to work with our NitroSeal gearbox
- Covered under our 15-year, nonprorated warranty with factory installation
Wall Mounted Keypad
- Operates an unlimited number of fans from a single wall control
- Powered by pre-assembled Cat5 cable
- Lightweight, compact control is easily installed and employs an easy-to-read LED display
- Use the button cover to prevent curious fingers from mucking up your energy savings
Fire Control Panel Integration
- Standard, power-on shutdown fire relay included for seamless fire-control panel integration
- Be the master of your domain. Powerfoil®X2.0 has several control options available—check them out!
- Easily control Powerfoil X2.0 with the digital keypad, touch control and LED display of the wall controller.
- Integrate Powerfoil X2.0 into your facility’s fire suppression system and keep employees safer.
- Add SmartSense™ to automatically adjust your fan’s speed based on temperature changes and seasonal conditions.
- Use BAFWorks™3.0 to control multiple fans from a single easy-to-use touch display.
- Integrate Powerfoil X2.0 into your building automation system for automatic centralized control of all your building’s systems.
Patented Airfoil System
- Patented airfoil system includes ten airfoils and winglets that set the world standard for airflow
- Unique aerodynamic design eliminates turbulent airflow at the airfoil tips
- Cuffed winglet design eliminates wind noise
- Patent-pending AirFences redirect the fan’s air velocity profile, contributing to a 28% improvement in coverage area
- Allows integration of lights, security cameras, speakers, security mirrors and just about anything else you can imagine
- Patent-pending hub system includes hub, airfoil retainers and hub clips that offer tough and reliable performance
- Machine-cut precision components offer uniform load distribution to promote overall longevity and durability
Onboard VFD Controls
- Onboard VFD controls are pre-wired to the motor, requiring only a single electrical run from the breaker panel to the fan
- All fans tested at full speed prior to shipping to ensure trouble-free installation
- Minimal distance between the motor and VFD controller eliminates EMI/RFI interference
- Simple integration into building automation systems using Modbus, analog outputs or other communication protocols
- Fully sealed polycarbonate enclosure provides maximum durability and corrosion resistance while preventing excessive heat buildup for extended service life
- IP55-rated to stand up to the toughest industrial environments
Plus Hybrid Airfoil
- Pushes air at an angle, moving it over and around obstructions
- Unique, aerodynamic airfoil and winglet design enhances both energy efficiency and airflow by eliminating turbulence at the airfoil tips
Powerfoil X LED
- Provides unimpeded, energy-efficient light
- Available in three standard lumen outputs: 10,500, 14,500 and 17,500
- Seamlessly integrates with existing building lighting grid, providing maintenance-free operation and exceptional light distribution
- Operates on any voltage between 120-277 (special voltages available upon request)
- LM70-rated to 100,000 hours
- Five-year, full-performance guarantee
SmartSense is an automated system with three user modes: Winter, Summer and Manual.
- Winter Mode: Automatically adjusts speed to minimize temperature differential between the floor and ceiling
- Summer Mode: Increases fan speed as the floor-level temperature rises
- Manual Mode: Takes the system off autopilot and gives the user full control of fan operation
Developed in partnership with leading food manufacturers to meet the strictest wash down requirements. Features and benefits of the Powerfoil X2.0 Wash-Down include:
- Stainless steel and aluminium design
- Stainless steel wash-down motor for frequent intense cleaning
- Food-duty epoxy
- Completely sealed NitroSeal gearbox with food-grade oil
- Non-pooling design
- Nonporous, nonabsorbent and corrosion-resistant materials throughout
- Lifetime warranty on hub and airfoils, three years parts, one year labour
What You Get with Factory-Certified Installation
- A dedicated Big Ass Fans project manager to handle your project start to finish and forever after
- Assurance that your fan will be installed 100% correctly, by factory-trained and certified installers who know Big Ass Fans inside and out
- Extended 15-year non-prorated warranty
- More time to run your business while we handle the install quickly, cleanly and efficiently